Nothing like waking up in the middle of the night and having horrible explosions out both ends! So began my journey, which we'll call "acute Amoebic Dysentery", cause that's what it was. You can get this parasitic infection through contaminated food or water. I checked into the hospital on Friday at 2:30 am, lost count of the number of IV fluid bags, antibiotics, anti-nausea, anti-headache, anti-amoeba IVs. All to relieve me of my BIOHAZARD status. Doc wanted to keep going on the IV but by Sunday afternoon I was ready to get the hell out of there. Very nice hospital, though. Pricey. Good thing I have insurance. Then it was 4+ pills a day of anti-amoeba and antibiotics. The anti-amoeba meds made me feel awful and made everything taste terrible. It was like they ruined certain taste buds, especially sweet.
Look out, it's the anaerobic parasitic protozoan, Entamoeba histolytica!!
If you're interested to know more about the parasites that inflamed my intestines, you can read about that here.
In good news, I'll be home for Christmas starting Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment