Orient Yourself

Orient Yourself

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Animal friends

Cambodia has a lot of stray dogs and cats. Also, animals that belong to people seem to wander around freely (or tied to a small stake), including dogs, pigs, chickens, cows, water buffaloes...

We have an adopted kitty, George. George is a girl and has recently been spayed.



Outside of our apartment building is a cat. A big male cat. I call him "tom cat" or sometimes, monster, cause he's enormous and has a huge head. He probably ate small children to get that big. Sometimes I wish he would eat our landlord's youngest.


Yesterday I came home and Tom cat was sitting outside the door (inside the building). I thought this was weird. Even weirder was when he bolted inside the door as soon as I had it unlocked. Completely ignoring George (who was baffled by this intruder) he went over to her food, ate a bunch of it, sat down for a bit, then casually walked over to the door so I could let him out. Poor George. Her first boyfriend completely ignores her, eats her food, and leaves.


Good thing she's been spayed.

We also acquired a ceramic mystery animal at the carnival last weekend, who now sports George's E Collar that we made her wear last week.


Anyway, please spay and neuter your pets. There are way too many, and all of them here are pregnant, even the males. They are just so pregnant. And they like to run across the road when I am riding my moto.

No comments:

Post a Comment