Orient Yourself

Orient Yourself

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Phnom Chisor

Friday night I went out in Phnom Penh with Sothy and Joanna. We went to K West - which is this really cool bar on the riverside on Sisowath Quay. After that, Joanna went home and Sothy and I went out for Chinese. I'm not really sure what I ate...then we went to the newly built casino to hang out in the bar/lounge. They had live music and it was pretty funny to hear "Smoke on the Water" followed by Britney Spears or Black Eyed Peas or whatever covers they were doing. Also present - older, portly, barangs and their young Khmer lady friends. Most likely prostitutes. It's pretty common, with all the westerners living in Phnom Penh working for large international organizations, to see this kind of thing. After that I went home and CRASHED. Not for too long, though, because at 8am we were left for Phnom Chisor - old temple ruins on top of a hill about 60km outside of Phnom Penh. The view was pretty amazing, but the climb up the steps was ROUGH.



I was one of the first people to the top, followed by everyone sweating profusely. Nice view, though.

View from the top

Temple Monkey
Shaved Ice

We bought some treats - shaved ice with condensed milk and syrup! YUM. After that we headed to lunch on the lake.

Lunch on the lake

No comments:

Post a Comment