Orient Yourself

Orient Yourself

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Archiving from an older blog - Dec 13, 2010

It’s been a while sine I’ve updated! Lots going on over here. Slowly making progress on my medical packet. In the mean time, I’ve been exploring alternate plans, because let’s face it, I might not get an actual invite til late Summer.

So, here is my alternate plan: Cambodia. I’ve been involved with the partnership we have over there since I began my graduate program, which is when we first wrote the actual proposal, and this year is pretty much entirely devoted to it. I am on the steering committee, I completed an independent study related to it, I will be helping to compile the annual report, this year I will have taken two courses related to research there, I will be presenting on our research at our Society’s national conference, and I’ll be writing partnership grants this spring. So basically, Cambodia is my life right now. There are a few opportunities for me to explore openings, and I hope to return in the Spring to conduct further research with my classmates. I really liked it there, so if something were to come up, I might be tempted to defer Peace Corps for at least a year to be able to continue with all the work that I’ve been doing this year.

So that’s where my head is at. Nothing is set in stone, and I’m going to continue working on my clearances in the meantime, because when it comes to my life and plans, everything is fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment